Do not forget to bring:
- A valid Passport most importantly and if possible keep a photocopy of it and your visa along with you in case of anything.
- University offer letter
- An air ticket
- Grant/Scholarship letter from the corresponding bodies
- Bank draft or traveler's cheque
- International / Malaysian driving license (if you intend to drive around)
- Small denomination of US$ if you stop over in HK, Seoul, Narita or Taipei in case of you may want some food and CD$ on your stop over in Vancouver
- approx. 10 passport photos
Things to do prior to arrival:
These are things that are important documents to have with you that will be needed at the Immigration Office in Vancouver/Toronto to obtain a study permit upon arrival. Also things to do before you arrive in Canada to ease your transition!
- A Canadian Temporary Resident Visa which is done at:
Canadian High Commission
18th Floor, Menara Tan & Tan
207 Jalan Tun Razak
50400 Kuala Lumpur
Application procedure is found here: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/malaysia-malaisie/visas/study-etude.aspx?lang=eng or visit Study Canada CEC for help on application and documentation : http://www.studycanada.ca/malaysia/index.htm
- Make sure you have made arrangement with the University or with a member of MASA for transport upon arrival in Saskatoon especially when arriving in the evening or weekend.
- Have your confirmation letter of accommodation for on campus accommodation. If you have arranged to stay with someone in S'toon that you have been in contact with do take down their number and address for keep sake in case of any emergency and to fill custom forms.
- A letter of acceptance from the university or International Admission Letter.
- Note the dates for 'Welcome Week' for orientation tours and the International Students Welcome and register for them! It will be good to make friends and learn your way around campus and S'toon!
- Make sure any certificates or diploma is mailed to the university for A-levels of International Baccalaureate.