Untouchables Dance Inc.
Welcome to UT! Please carefully review our policies and remember to have fun!!
General Rules & Guidelines:
● You must exhibit commitment, desire and enthusiasm for UT.
● You must demonstrate a positive attitude.
● You must be willing to accept constructive criticism and be understanding to the fact that we are here to build each other up instead of tearing each other down.
● You must also adhere to the Dress Code & Attendance Policy below.
Please wear clothing that is comfortable. This may be dance attire and dance shoes or something as simple as sweatpants, a tee-shirt, sneakers or dancing bare feet. It is important that you are comfortable and physically able to dance in whatever you choose to wear. Keep this in mind when selecting an outfit as it is not acceptable to have limited participation at practices due to inappropriate attire.
● You must be on time to all practices, meetings and performances
● Dancers are allowed to miss up to 3 practices, however, mandatory rehearsals and meetings are to not be missed as they are mandatory for all members to attend.
● Keep in mind that a choreographer can choose to exclude you from a section or their entire dance if you miss their practice and are unable to pick up the material
● If you cannot make a practice or meeting, you must inform an Executive Board member as soon as possible. At least 24 hour notice is required (except in emergencies).
● If you exceed the 3 missed practices or you miss a mandatory rehearsal or meeting then you will not be able to perform in the next event.
● Our organization is responsible for completing 2 SGA recognized events each semester or at least 1 recognized event and 1 community service, therefore, we expect our members to apply this attendance policy to the events we take part in.
Note: When you join UT, this does not guarantee that you will participate in every dance. Each dance is taught and auditioned individually and decisions are made at the discretion of the choreographer.
Be On Time for Practice:
Practice days are Sundays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays unless otherwise noted. If you arrive late it is your responsibility to learn what you have missed from another member. We cannot go back as a group to re-teach something that you have missed because of our time strain for upcoming performances. Therefore, it is not fair for the choreographer or the rest of the group to have to slow down progress for anyone’s inability to attend.
Cell Phone Use:
If you have to use your cell phone, please be courteous and do so outside the practice room. Phones should be kept on vibrate and are to be used prior to practice, during breaks, and after practice. If a circumstance arises where you are unable to keep your phone on silent you are required to speak with an Executive Board member and/or the choreographer prior to practice.
UT makes every effort to keep the amount of money that members pay as low as possible. However, our university will not supply us with funding for performance attire. It must be understood that each member is responsible for paying for their own attire. Every effort will be made to try to raise the money through fundraising, but UT or Appropriations will not be able to cover the expenses. We try to keep Homecoming and Menagerie attire under $40, but if you are unable to cover the expenses for your attire you are required to speak with an Executive Board member.
*All members are required to purchase one UT shirt that will be used for various performances throughout the year.
Homecoming & Menagerie Policies
1. Members are allowed to miss 1 practice as long as it is discussed with an Executive Board member. Exceptions are made for those with class schedule conflicts. Please note that the Attendance Policy will be strictly enforced the week prior to these performances. If you miss any practices before Homecoming and the Menagerie without notifying an Executive Board member ahead of time, you will not be allowed to participate in the performance.
2. Each member is responsible for paying for their own outfits.
3. The final performers for each dance performance are chosen at the discretion of the choreographers. Everyone will get to perform in a dance at some point during the year.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I _________________ have fully read and understood the Member Agreement and promise to adhere to Untouchables Dance Inc.’s policies and will accept the stated consequences.