- Access to Student Portal
- The Portal is the essential, online source of information about enrolment, subject and exam timetables, fees, information technology, handbooks and more.
- An educational institution designed for instruction, examination, or both, of students in many branches of advanced learning, conferring degrees in various faculties, and often embodying colleges and similar institutions
- The grounds and buildings of such an institution
- a large and diverse institution of higher learning created to educate for life and for a profession and to grant degrees
- the body of faculty and students at a university
- establishment where a seat of higher learning is housed, including administrative and living quarters as well as facilities for research and teaching
- The members of this collectively
- Capital of Kenya and site of U.S. Embassy bombed Aug. 7, 1998, by suicide bombers linked to bin Laden. U.S. Embassy in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, was bombed at the same time. The two embassy attacks killed 301 and injured 5,000.
- The capital of Kenya; pop. 1,346,000. It is situated on the central Kenyan plateau at an altitude of 5,500 feet (1,680 m)
- the capital and largest city of Kenya; a center for tourist safaris
- Nairobi is the capital and largest city of Kenya. The city and its surrounding area also forms the Nairobi Province . The name "Nairobi" comes from the Maasai phrase Enkare Nyirobi, which translates to "the place of cool waters".
McGill Portal - April 1, 2009
The McGill portal was upgraded last night, and although they were very clear this was a capacity upgrade, and not a feature upgrade, I logged in anyway on the hope things might have changed. Nope. The one "bonus" is that any modifications I had previously made to the portal were now gone, so I got to see the default view again, seen here. * Boxes can be hidden or collapsed. * Little to no customization possible for existing boxes. * Cannot add my own boxes (i.e. RSS feeds) Overall, the goal of the portal is to display a bunch of links to commonly used information. Not used by me specifically, or used by people in my school, etc, etc. News, announcements, etc are not tailored to me, nor can I customize them to make it so. This is so far from where a university portal needs to be. Here's to hoping that things get better in future releases of the software (which from what I understand, is the CampusEAI Oracle Portal solution, which in turn is based on uPortal. ceai1.campuseai.org/portal/page?_pageid=933,13615086&...
Student Life Portal
By Christine Borden