World Geography Pre-AP Agenda
- Mexico guided reading (assessment in ebackpack) due Thursday
HW - Mexico map quiz tomorrow
- Mexican American War
- Reading questions in ebackpack as assessment (due by the end of class)
- NAFTA Reading
1) What is a tariff?
2) Which United States President signed NAFTA into law?
3) What does NAFTA stand for? What does NAFTA do?
4) Who are the big winners because of NAFTA, producers or consumers? Explain.
5) Where there any concerns from regular citizens/workers regarding NAFTA in the beginning? What were they?
6) Does Mexico import or export more products to/from the United States? Using the graph, what are the values for Mexico’s imports and exports?
7) Explain positive and negative effects of NAFTA. Do you think NAFTA is a beneficial or detrimental to the countries involved, justify your answer.
- Mexico's new reality
- Questions in Ebackpack as assessment - click submit after you have completed the assessment
- Cold War Reading - Questions (Brake's class will complete these as an assessment in eBackpack by the end of class)
Think while you read: Answer these on a piece of paper while you read the article
1. Why are the U.S. and Russia at loggerheads over Syria?
2. What was the Cold War? Do you think the U.S. and Russia are slipping into another Cold War? Explain.
- America Revealed - Nation on the move (Geographic Theme of Movement)
- On Paper (iPads and phones put away) : Identify the major aspects of the infrastructure that connects America.
1-10 of 494