adverse effects of long-term exposure to wi-fi radiation,
like cancer, infertility and DNA damage may not surface in some for years, there
are many who suffer immediate effects. Health care providers are now
learning to diagnose and treat environmentally induced electrohypersensitivity, or
EHS. Symptoms manifest neurologically and immunologically
when exposed to:
- Electric and magnetic fields
- One or more of the types of electromagnetic radiation found in the modern environment
Those who suffer from EHS can feel the radiation hitting various
biological systems when they encounter cell towers, routers, access points, cordless
phones, smart meters, laptops, iPads, tablets, baby monitors, fluorescent lights or any other devices pulsing signal. Patients experience a myriad of immediate or latent symptoms that may include pain or tightening in
the chest, altered heartbeat, tinnitus in the ears, headaches, nosebleeds, insomnia,
fatigue, diminished concentration, poor memory and more. Symptoms can disappear or diminish over time when
exposure to electromagnetic fields (EMFs) is eliminated.
following sites provide detailed information on EHS:
- Dr. Erica Mallery-Blythe provides a one-hour lecture that will help those new to this topic:
- Andre Fauteux wrote an extensive article on the history of EHS which explains why this disease and MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivities) have not yet been recognized in the mainstream:
- WEEP, a Canadian initiative for safe wireless, electric and electromagnetic policy, provides an understanding of electromagnetic hypersensitivity and offers documents for Talking to Your Doctor and Living with EHS; A Survival Guide.
- Ray Pealer, an electromagnetic radiation safety consultant, offers in-person home assessments or phone or Skype consultations if a home visit is not practical: http://www.emrsafety.net/about.html
- As a certified Building Biology Environmental Consultant (BBEC), Elizabeth Pond Reza conducts healthy indoor assessments of homes and offices, focusing on electromagnetic radiation: http://www.ecurrentliving.com/
- Oram Miller and Eric Windheim are also building biologists and EMF experts who can be consulted for remediation:
- GEOVITAL Academy has been dealing with chronic health issues in its patients by creating healthier homes, and radiation protection plays a big part. They need more consultants but for information, solutions and their existing consultants, go to www.en.geovital.com and you can reach out to Patrick van der Burght. They have an informative range of videos about shielding paint on a playlist at YouTube:
- Jeromy Johnson is a safe technology advocate who became electrohypersensitive. He offers 10 steps to healing EHS:
- Dr. Magda Havas, associate professor of Environmental and Resource Studies at Trent University, in the article "The Disease of 'Modern' Civilization... Neurasthenia," provides a history of EHS as experienced in other generations by telegraph line installers and telephone switch board operators, followed by radar operators: http://www.magdahavas.com/the-disease-of-modern-civilization-neurasthenia/
- The Books page on this websites offers suggestions for in-depth reading.
- Israeli and New York lawyer Dafna Tachover has developed electrohypersensitivity from wireless technology and established the We Are the Evidence website. She encourages EHS sufferers to share their story on this website so she can provide the evidence to legislators, and so EHS sufferers can find support:
- Australian Steve Weller provides ELECTROMAGNETIC HYPERSENSITIVITY (EHS) A PERSONAL CASE STUDY: A briefing on EHS for Health Professionals, Research Scientists, Government Officials and concerned members of the Public:
- Dr. Mallery-Blythe also provides a written summary for doctors to learn about and treat EHS:
- The Austrian Medical Association’s EMF Working Group (AG-EMF) provides guidelines too for the diagnosis and treatment of EMF related health problems and illnesses. Click here for pdf.
- The American Academy of Environmental Medicine trains practitioners to address environmentally-induced illnesses. You can find practitioners on their website:
- Dr. Lisa Nagy practices in Vineyard Haven, Martha's Vineyard, MA:
- Dr. William Rea has been treating people for the whole environmental toxic load for many years and has helped thousands at his Environmental Health Center in Dallas, TX: