|Below are some tips that can help you stay safe in the event of heavy rainfall or flooding on and in and around the UNCW area.|
When traveling to campus:
- Leave extra time to make commutes.
- Do not attempt to drive
through standing water.
- Do not circumvent barricades on campus; they are for your
- Students should use their best judgment and notify their
instructors if they are unable to attend class.
- Faculty and staff should refer
to the Adverse Weather Policy and contact their supervisors with similar questions or
Be aware of campus areas that are likely to be closed due to high
- Wagoner Drive in the area of Kenan Auditorium.
intersection of Reynolds and Cahill Drives.
- New Centre Drive • Seahawk
- Honors Hall Parking Lot.
- Parking Lots E, H and I.
Seek status updates here:
- Relocate vehicles from flood-prone areas.
- Use alternate
entrances to campus away from flood-prone areas, including the Hurst Drive
entrance off College Road or Hamilton Drive from MacMillan.
- Park on the
second level or higher of the parking garage.
- Avoid using the pedestrian crossing at
Reynolds and Cahill; use Chancellor's Walk instead.
Recent Emergency Updates