The following is the Constitution of the UNCSR at the time of the Society's formation:
1. Name of Society
- The name of the Society is the United National Centre for Sensor Research (abbreviated as UNCSR).
2. Aims and Objectives
The aims and objectives are to:
- Bring together researchers from within the NCSR.
- Promote communication between Academics, Principal Investigators, Post–Doctoral and Post-Graduate researchers from within the NCSR.
- The UNCSR hopes to enrich the experience of its researchers by providing an additional outlet for development, both academically and socially.
- Membership of the Society will be open to all members of the NCSR.
- All members shall be bound by this constitution.
- The Society shall have a Governing Committee.
- The Committee shall consist of:
- Vice Chairperson
- Public Relations Officer (PRO)
- First Year Post – Graduate Representative
- Events Coordinator
- The Committee shall run the Society on behalf of its Members and in accordance with the aims and objectives.
- The term of office of these elected officers shall be one year.
- The Committee Members shall be democratically elected at the Annual General Meeting (referred to hereafter, AGM) or an Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) where necessary.
- A Committee member shall not hold the same office for more than two successive years.
5. Duties of Committee
- The Chairperson shall be the chief officer of the society whose functions include chairing all meetings of the committee and officiating at meetings in accordance with section 6.
- The Vice-Chairperson shall assist the Chairperson in all his/her duties.
- The Secretary, where the Chairperson or Vice-Chairperson is unavailable may chair meetings in accordance with section 6.
- The Secretary shall keep minutes of all committee meetings relating to the business of the society.
- The Secretary's function shall be to deal with all correspondence and maintain records of the society and to give notice to all members of meeting times
- The PRO shall assist the Events Coordinator to organise fund raising events and for the society.
- The Treasurer will keep a record of authorisation of expenditure; administer the funds of the society and to maintain accounts and budgets.
- The Treasurer shall report to the E.G.M. in accordance with section 6.
- Accounts will be audited bi-annually by the Chair or Vice – Chairperson.
- The Treasurer will sign all cheques and withdrawal forms from the society's bank account.
- The PRO will work with the Secretary to promote awareness among the Membership of Society events and activities.
- The PRO will deal with external correspondence and maintain records for the Society.
- The First Year Post-Graduate Representative will assist the Events Coordinator when organising events and will promote the Society to new members of the NCSR.
- The Events Coordinator will be responsible for organising society events.
- There will be an AGM held in the final month of the academic year where the main committee members will be elected.
- A quorum of the meeting shall be two Committee Members and 10% of the ordinary membership.
- The business of the AGM will also include an annual report given by the outgoing Chairperson and Treasurers.
- An Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) shall be convened if 10% of the membership of the Society request one in writing or if a Committee position has become vacant.