Automated DNA Sequencing -Range and Accuracy
- High quality DNA templates generally yield sequence read lengths of up to 600 - 900 base pairs, with a cumulative error rate generally less than 1% over the first 400 bases. Range and accuracy are critically dependent on the purity and quality of the DNA.
Automated DNA Sequencing - Data Retrieval
- Sequencing results are posted on our website following the completion of each run cycle.
- Customers will be e-mailed a unique web link to their data.
- All data will be in the form of compressed ZIP files(.zip). These data may be uncompressed using WINZIP, WINRAR, and Stuffit Expander program.
- Sequencing results are available in Chromatogram/Trace file.
- Sequence data is left on the website for 2 weeks, after which it is deleted and cannot be retrieved.
- There is a backup copy of sequencing data at Genomic Resource Lab.
- Additionally, upon customer request, data also may be saved to disk (Zip or CD). Customers are responsible for supplying the disks and retrieving them once their data has been saved.
Automated DNA Sequencing - Data View
Additionally, most commercial software can view and assemble SCF formatted sequence data. Among them are: