**No More Than Four Hours Per Day**
**No More Than 20 Hours Per Week**
**One Day Off Per Week**
Countable Athletically Related Activities
- Competition (counts as three hours, regardless of actual length).
- Required weight training and conditioning activities.
- Film or videotape reviews of athletics practices or contests required, supervised or monitored by institutional staff members.
- Required participation in camps, clinics or workshops.
- Meetings initiated by coaches or other institutional staff members on athletically related matters.
- Individual workouts required or supervised by a member of the coaching staff. However, in the sports of swimming & diving and track & field (field events only), the coach may be present during voluntary individual workouts in the institutions regular practice facility.
- On-court or on-field activities called by any member or members of a team and confined primarily to members of that team are considered as requisites for participation in that sport (e.g. captain's practice).
Non-countable Athletically-Related Activities
- Training-table or competition related meals.
- Physical rehabilitation.
- Dressing, showering, taping.
- Athletics department academic study hall or tutoring sessions.
- Meetings with coaches on non-athletics matters.
- Travel to and from practice and competition.
- Visiting the competition site in sports other than cross country, golf, skiing.
- Medical examination or treatments.
- Fundraising activities.
- Recruiting activities (e.g. serving as student host).
- Participation in regular physical education classes, with or without credit, that are listed in the institution's catalog and open to all students.
- Voluntary individual workouts - provided these workouts are not required or supervised by coaching staff members, except that such activities may be monitored for safety purposes by the institution's strength and conditioning personnel.
- Individual consultation with a coach initiated voluntarily by a student-athlete provided the coach and student-athlete do no engage in athletically-related activities.
- Use of an institution's athletics facilities by student-athletes, provided the activities are not supervised by or held at the direction of any member of an institutions coaching staff.
- Involvement of an institution's strength and condition staff with enrolled student-athletes either in a supervisory capacity for the institution's weight training facility or assisting in conditioning programs.