Alumni and Boosters are NOT permitted to use social networking websites such as Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and Instagram to contact or otherwise attempt to correspond with prospective student-athletes.
This includes, but is not limited to:
Ø Posting on a wall
Ø Commenting on photos of a recruit
Ø Using the inbox/e-mail feature
Ø Instant messaging
Ø Or direct messaging
Allowable Booster Activities:
· Viewing a prospect’s game on your own initiative
· Receiving a call from a prospect only if the prospect initiates the call and it is not for a recruiting purpose
· Continuing to have contact with an established family friend or neighbor who is a prospect
· Notifying the UMass coaching staff of outstanding prospects – leave the recruiting to us!
· You may tweet about a prospect only AFTER they sign an NLI with UMass.
Please address any questions to:
Associate Athletics Director
firstname.lastname@example.org / (413) 687-8475