Your Growing Baby
Your baby is now 2 inches long and weighs about ½ of an ounce.
baby's face is starting to look more human, the eyes have moved from the side of the head to the front.
- Vocal cords are beginning to form, gearing up for that first cry.
- The ears have shifted to their normal place on the side of the head as well.
- This week baby's liver begins to function, cleansing blood, storing nutrients, and producing chemicals for your baby’s body.
- The pancreas has begun to produce insulin.
- The intestines are beginning to move from the umbilical cord area to the abdominal wall, and the kidneys have begun to secrete urine into the bladder.
- Brain development is rapid, as nerve endings make new connections daily.
Your Changing Body
- If this is your first pregnancy, you are probably starting to outgrow your jeans.
- Many women feel "blah"; You may just be feeling sick and fat, rather than pregnant. you are in that stage where you aren't quite ready for maternity clothes, but everything is getting tight. Buying maternity clothes will cheer you up and make you feel more pregnant, not to mention make you feel more comfortable.
- Headaches: Pregnancy can sometimes be a contributing factor for headaches. Many times sinus swelling due to increased blood flow contributes to headaches.
- Remember that you are pregnant; you are growing a person! Be sure to take care of yourself, take some time out of the day just for you!