- UCSV 2nd Monday of the Month Jam and Sing Along - at Dana Street Roasting Company from 7pm till 9pm - preceeded by a basic ukulele lesson of 4 Chords and 3 songs in 30 minutes (starting at 6:30pm, but for a good seat get there before 6pm and have dinner)
- Every Monday Morning Jam and Sing Along - from 10am till 11:30am (holidays generally included). Sometimes preceeded by a workshop from 9:30am till 10am - or at the end from 11:30am till noon. It meets less than 5 minutes from the intersection of 280 and Alpine Rd., at a private residence.
- Alpine Inn (Rosotti's or Zott's) Occasional very warm Mondays Jam and Sing Along continues - for those members who can schedule a long lunch or those players, in the morning, who can't get enough! Sometimes inside - but generally outside in their "open air" area. A good burger or sandwich and an old time bay area institution, now with ukulele playing and singing on Mondays.
UCSV BlueUkes - Currently on "hiatus" - a group focused on expanding ukulele skills in blues and bluegrass. Format is: workshops, reviewing homework and helping with technique; "showing off" current songs and proposed songs; and, jamming (includes all acoustic instruments)
· UCSV BUGs & Pickin Crew - 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the Month - not just Banjo Uke Group with that real banjo sound. The Banjo Uke Group has metamorphosed into a kind of hybrid, a combination of banjo uke players and others from the Pickin' Crew. It was a logical meld, since picking and banjo playing seem to go together so naturally. But the BUGs have always and will continue to welcome anyone with any kind of acoustic instrument.
The format of the BUGs get-togethers is to spend about an hour getting our picking fingers warmed up practicing a few melody tabs arrangements and then maybe trying out a new song or picking technique or rhythm. We then take a break to have a snack, socialize for a while, and talk ukes and songs and festivals, or whatever. Then, for the next hour, we jam and sing.
- Christmas Jam at Ronald McDonald House,
- Occasional "church playing",
- Stanford Hospital,