Before the event Checklist
1. Have you got your event in the Calendar? This includes the local club, UKTRA, as well as BUSA, BSDRA or NSSA.
2. Have you arranged for Umpires? Use RYA Directory or ask around -
3. Have you decided how many teams can take part? Read about Schedules
4. How will you publicise the event? A Notice of Race is required by the racing rules and should accompany any publicity.
5. Have you got all the equipment needed?
6. Have you got enough volunteers?
Checklist at the event 1. Have you got mobile numbers for everyone? 2. Have you got enough spare equipment? Cotterpins, splitrings, shackles and tiller extensions are useful afloat. 3. Have you got all the paperwork, recording sheets etc.
The UKTRA Standard Sailing Instructions now have their own page Click Here for the UKTRA Standard Sailing Instructions
Schedules are thanks to Bruce and Amanda Hebbert, Jo Lucas and Ralph Tingle. Richard Thompson has co-ordinated work on NOR and SI's. Marin Smethers co-ordinated the Handbook.
Guidance on the process to be followed in order to obtain redress and forms for use by race committees.
See also ResailRed/Green below which is is guidance on the sort of breakdown which may be eligible for resail if the procedures are followed