Why should I join Phi Alpha Delta Pre-Law at UH?
First, P.A.D. is currently the world’s largest legal organization. We have more chartered and active Law School Chapters, Pre-Law Chapters and Alumni Chapters than any other.
What you can gain from membership in Phi Alpha Delta Pre-Law:
- Networking and professional contacts
- Professional programs, meet & greets, and panels
- Academic assistance programs, LSAT and application workshops
- Opportunities to build leadership skills
- All of the benefits of being a PAD International member (and discounted dues when you join a PAD Law School chapter)
- Make new friends and attend social activities without the hassle of rushing
- Get advice from other students, law students, professors, and legal professionals.
- Associate yourself with prominent members of the legal profession who are PAD alumni or current members
- Many more benefits (such as LSAT course discounts) that can save you tons of money
Membership in P.A.D. can last a lifetime. We have benefits for the college freshmen trying to figure if the law school is for her, the studious 2L looking for business connections, or the established attorney who needs counsel away from his locale. No matter who you are, if you are interested, we can help you.
We are also a the first law fraternity to do the following:
- Open membership to all genders, races, creeds and national origins.
- Host one of the largest Mock Trial Competitions for law students in the country.
- Conduct a “Senior Transition Program” for pre-law students entering law school.
- Establish a Pre-Law Program to assist undergraduate students interested in the law.
- Hold P.A.D. Day at the Supreme Court, a day designated for P.A.D. attorneys to be admitted to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Conduct an Annual Food Drive to directly benefit food banks chosen by Chapters in their local communities.