Other Resources

Graduate Class Rotations


Course Planning for Comprehensive Exams

Course Guide

Annual Self Evaluation 


Registering for Thesis/Dissertation Credits

Registration Info


10 Ways to (Not) Get an Article Published

Sociology Journals

Criminology/ Criminal Justice Journals

Gender Related Journals

Rankings* Use journal citation reports database


UD Office of Research

CDAS Datasets

Important Forms (for Office of Graduate Studies):

* Check calendar for deadlines

Application for Advanced Degree 

form. Submitted after the defense of the M.A. thesis and again after the defense of the dissertation. Students completing the M.A. degree who intend to continue in the Ph.D. program must fill out and attach the "Change of Status" form.

http://www.udel.edu/gradoffice/current/advanceddegree.pdf (Completed MA & PhD)

http://www.udel.edu/gradoffice/current/classificationform.pdf (Continuing from MA to PhD)

Confirmation of Dissertation Committee 

Submitted after successful completion of the comprehensive examinations when members of the defense committee have been formally selected and agreed to serve.


Recommendation for Candidacy for Doctoral Degree

Submitted after dissertation proposal has been approved.


Ph.D. Defense Certification

Submitted after the defense.