NCPA Foundation Presidential Scholarship - $2,000
The NCPA Foundation Presidential Scholarship will be made on the basis of the following priorities:
- Leadership Qualities: Potential candidates will be evaluated by the NCPA Foundation Scholarship Committee on the basis of leadership qualities and accomplishments with a demonstrated interest in independent pharmacy, as well as involvement in extracurricular activities. These qualities will be measured by the required supporting documents.
- Academic Achievement: Scholastic success is a necessary condition for consideration of the award and will be measured using current college transcripts.
The NCPA Foundation is pleased to announce that the Presidential Scholarship program will be continued during the 2011-2012 academic year. All pharmacy students who are student members of NCPA are eligible to apply for ONE of the NCPA Foundation Scholarships per academic year. The student must be enrolled in an accredited U.S. school or college of pharmacy on a full-time basis during the 2011 fall term and the 2012 spring term. Note: Students may only receive this award one time.
Children of NCPA Foundation Officers, NCPA Officers, or NCPA Executive Committee members are not eligible to participate in the program.
Each applicant must complete an NCPA Foundation Scholarship Application Form. In addition, the student must provide the following materials with the completed application:
- A copy of the most recent official transcript of his or her college grades.
- A letter from a school official familiar with the student's activities. This letter should briefly describe the student's extracurricular accomplishments, leadership qualities and contributions to the school.
- A letter from a pharmacy owner or manager, preferably an NCPA member. This letter should briefly describe the student's extracurricular accomplishments, leadership qualities, contributions to the profession of pharmacy and pharmacist's knowledge of applicant's interest in independent pharmacy as a career.
- A letter from the applicant to the NCPA Foundation Scholarship Awards Committee outlining his or her school and civic accomplishments and objectives for the future. Must provide a separate one-page description of his or her demonstrated interest in independent pharmacy and his or her vision for the development of innovative pharmacy practices that emphasize quality patient care leading to improved patient health outcomes.
- A résumé or curriculum vitae describing the student's work and professional experience.
All application forms and supporting documents must be POSTMARKED by: April 15, 2011Payment Process
The NCPA Foundation Presidential Scholarship is awarded on an individual basis and is non-transferable. Each recipient will receive a check made payable to his or her school from the NCPA Foundation for $2,000 during the NCPA Annual Convention. NOTE: The award recipient must be present at the NCPA Annual Convention to receive this award. A $300 travel stipend will be provided along with a complimentary registration to the NCPA Conference.