PUBLISHING AN ARTICULATE/CAPTIVATE COURSE
(See attachment below for instructions with images)
- In Articulate, click on Publish.
- Choose to publish to the LMS. Make sure the LMS choice is set to SCORM 1.2. Choose the template you’d like to use. When you’re ready, click on Publish.
- Zip your file when it has been published by clicking on Zip.
- Save it to the folder of your choice.
Now you are ready to upload the course to the LMS.
UPLOADING A COURSE TO THE LMS
- From your Administrator role, click on Learn and then on Upload.
- Click on Upload Files
- Browse to find the file you want to upload.
- You may enter the code here (deleting the name) or wait until later (You’ll have another chance!). You can also choose the categories here or wait. If you do choose the categories, be sure to pick not only the broader, overarching category, but also the sub-category. Once more, you may choose the audience here or wait until later.
- Put a check on “no registration required.”
- When the Status is listed as “In Staging”, your course is now in the LMS. Click on the “Activity Name” to begin inputting details about the course.
- Go to “Advanced View” and click on Properties and then General. Add the code and type in the course description.
- Add in the contact information.
- Now go to Status and make sure that you check 1) Active, 2) No registration required, 3) Can be subscribed, and 4) Can be fulfilled. At the bottom, click the Status drop-down menu and choose Active.
- Go to Metadata/System Defined and indicate media type and delivery method.
- Under Costs/General, indicate 0 in Activity Price if there is no charge or the specific amount if there is a charge. Indicate payment method if desired.
- Make sure that the course is “open for registration” on the Registration/Availability tab.
- Also under Registration, you’ll want to indicate the Audience for whom this course is intended. It is important to understand how this works. The thing to remember is that your intended audience members must be members of all of the groups you add in. In this example, a person would be a UCSF employee AND either a Campus or UCOP employee. The more groups you add, the more restrictive the audience. To add an audience, simply click on Add to select.
14. Now go to Resources/Instructor and add an Instructor.
- Go to Notifications/System and search for “completion.”
- Choose Learning Activity Completion Notification. Check in the box to the left and then click on Go by “Activate notifications.”
- If you have not already done so, go to Management/Categories and choose your Category and Sub-Category by clicking the Add button.
18. When you are ready to make the course live, choose Ready for Production.
19. You will always get this message when you are uploading an ecourse. It is OK. Go ahead and click on Move to Production to complete the upload.
That’s it! You’re done.