Sometimes, you won't be able to create logical drives, and hpacucli will not give you any information as to why. It will just tell you that it can't use a physical disk. One thing you can do to attempt to rectify this is the following:
- Open a console server in ILO (go to the appropriate management IP address, go to Remote Console and click on Console.
- Reboot the machine.
- When the HP ProLiant splash page shows up and it's done detecting RAM, start hitting the space bar. It should exit the graphical splash page and put you in a GUI.
- At a certain point it will show a message about detecting the p410 drive controller in Slot X (where X is a number) and will ask you to hit F8 to configure. Hit F8; you've only got about a second to do this, so be dexterous.
- Follow the prompts to create your logical volumes. Usually this means "Create Logical Volume", deselecting all but one drive with the space bar (selected drives have [x]s next to them), pressing enter, and pressing F8 to confirm.
- Once you're done, press Esc to exit. The machine should continue to boot normally. If you're doing this for both controllers and have just completed the first controller, be ready to hit F8 again.