- Zero-carbon Cloud, Scalable HPC and Data Center computing based on Stranded power
- Novel power management, system management, new volatile services models, and distributed systems application models, smart power grid
- Data-intensive computing, Scalable In-memory analytics In-situ Data Analytics
- Including novel execution models, algorithm and system analysis and performance characterization, large-scale experiments (1000's of nodes), efficient block-based and orchestrated computing, efficient exploitation of non-volatile memory
- Data center Workflow, Data-center Architecture, and OpenStack
- Study of real production data centers and workflows, performance analysis of complex applications (genomics) in a complex networked, storage OpenStack environment, analysis of computational structure, proposal and evaluation of new data center architectures and OpenStack features
- Study of exploiting new computer architecture structures (heterogeneous) for data centers that can achieve 10-fold to 100-fold energy and performance improvements. Balancing these opportunities with flexible programming from high level software and programming languages.