Undergraduate Research and BS/MS Projects
- Data-intensive computing (novel execution models, scaling in non-streaming models, efficient block-based and orchestrated computing, including operating systems support)
- Programming tools (code generation for heterogeneous architectures, analysis of computational structure)
- Computer Systems architecture (heterogeneous architecture, architecture support for resilience and efficient data movement)
Interested creating the next great computer system? Excited to work with the latest applications? Come join us!
We are looking for a few bright, energetic undergraduates to join exciting computer science research. Opportunities are available immediately and can involve paid research. These project range from programming systems, compilation, and analysis to "big-data" systems, to computer architecture (mobile, accelerators, GPU's), data compression, and reliability. See our
If you are interested, email Professor Andrew Chien.
- Programming Computers of the Future (systems of the future will be unreliable, variable performance, and employ massive parallelism, programming systems -- and programmers will need to change radically to deal with these challenges, join us in exploring programming and runtime systems of the future)
- The Future of Computers (energy limits have forced us first to parallel and then heterogeneous architecture, the design of the computer of the future is "up for grabs", join us in shaping the future of compilation, programming, and hardware)
- Internet-scale Computing (web, sensor, video, medical, societal, personal data are all forms of "big data", driving creation of radical new computing systems to enable its rapid, efficient analysis, join us in creating radical new systems for such problems)
No Postdoctoral Scholar
Openings right now!
- (Sorry, this position is filled) Computer Architecture Postdoctoral Scholar: We're looking for a recent PhD with the energy and creativity to pioneer a new generation of heterogeneous, energy-efficient microprocessor architectures. Candidates will work with talented colleagues at UChicago, Argonne, Univ of Illinois, and SDSC. Full Position Description