Various service-learning opportunities are available through Teachers in Action's
lead partner, UCP (United Cerebral Palsy) of Central Florida, which
operates six charter schools throughout the region, serving elementary,
middle and high school students.
UCP Campuses: click here for addresses
- Downtown Orlando / Holloway
- Downtown Orlando / Transitional Learning Academy (middle & high school)
East Orange / Bailes <--- See separate posting for this campus
- Kissimmee / Osceola
- Pine Hills
- Lake Mary / Seminole
- Winter Garden / West Orange
Opportunities vary by campus and season. In prior semesters, opportunities have included:
- Art Buddies -- assist students one-on-one during their art integration experiences.
- Day Camp -- assist students during after-school, in-service, or summer activities.
- General Classroom Assistance -- be assigned to inclusive
classrooms needing general assistance or to students with disabilities
needing one-on-one attention.
- Lunch Buddies (West Orange campus) -- provide K-3 assistance and
help guide directed activities during lunch-time and recess, generally
11:30AM-1:30PM, Monday thru Friday.
- Phys. Ed. Buddies -- make a difference and get a little exercise at the same time as a PE Buddy for K-3 students.
- Tech Buddies -- inclusive K-3 classrooms need for volunteers to
work one-on-one with students and help them set up a homepage for their
- ask what is needed at the campus closest to you!
Interested? All students must complete a Student
Service-Learning packet click on the "Getting Started Guide" (attached
below) and submit required paperwork to Terrie Wynter, Volunteer
Manager at email@example.com or call (407) 852-3369. Be sure to indicate your project and desired location on your application!
Questions about placement and specific campus opportunities should also be directed to Ms. Wynter.