What is a SPOC?
It's a Small Private Online Course, as distinct from a MOOC (Massive Open Online Course). It's our own private copy of the MOOC, off-limits to everyone except UC Berkeley students enrolled in CS 169 and the course staff.
You need to enroll in the SPOC in order to submit homeworks for autograding, among other things:
- Create an account at edge.edx.org. This is the site for "beta" edX courses. Even if you already have a regular edx.org account, the Edge accounts are separate, though it's fine to use the same username/password. Please use your BearFacts email address as your Edge login. (If you already have an Edge account, login and change its email to match your BearFacts email.)
- We will make sure everyone on the Registrar's list for CS 169 gets enrolled in the SPOC. (Unlike regular EdX courses, SPOCs are not "open enrollment"; we have to add you.)
- Go to http://edge.edx.org and login there with your edX info. You should see the course listed on your Dashboard. We'll refresh the enrollment list every day until things stabilize, but if it's been a couple of days since you created your Edge account and you still don't see the course in your Dashboard, contact the appropriate staff member.
Explicit landing pages for the SPOC:
- Part 1 (weeks 1-6 approximately)
- Part 2 (weeks 7-12 approximately)