Chandrayee lead the discussion on
1) Whats the definition of urbanization? - based on agricultural output, population
2) Quality of electricity supply ? - Purity of the generated electricity. Not so good in India. Need stabilizers that improve the quality but loss of efficiency.
3) Regulatory boards in the state? - Eg: KERC - Karnataka Elec Regulatory Commission.
4) Irrigation - 30 to 40% of the generated electricity.
5) Captive power - power that can be locally generated. Electricity Act has rules that allow you to generate local elec without license and can also sell it?
6) Kerala pilot proj involving school students - to be looked at in depth.
7) Energy efficient buildings - glass shaded buildings are very inefficient for a warm country like india
List of possible topics that can be included in the school curriculum based on our discussions so far could be made and updated.
More info and resources
Meeting Notes >