Attendees: Asavari, Candrayee, Achintya, Aditya, Devdutta, Venky
Asavari led the discussion on water supply issues and management.
A high level overview of the different aspects to be looked at to solve the water supply issues in India.
Points raised during the meeting
1) Potability of water: The municipal supply water at the entry level has a high quality but the issues come in the transfer lines.
2) Privatization of water supply: Current scenario in the rural villages. Related material on JUSCO
Relation to the privatization of energy markets and the way it works in the US.
3) Grey water management: http://www.ecosanres.org/pdf_files/ESR-factsheet-08.pdf
4) Regulatory issues for ground water management.
5) The question of is 24/7 water supply necessary?
EBMUD is the local berkeley water suppliers..