These quotes are from press received from the first three runs of the show between 2000 and 2003.
PULSE OF THE TWIN CITIES – KATE BODIN
· “Watch out ‘N Sync!”
· “(U Betcha! has) All the essential ingredients guaranteed to make the girls giddy…”
· “How can you not fall all over this satirical sound-off on the process of making pop music?”
THE MINNEAPOLIS STAR TRIBUNE – JIM FOTI
· “U Betcha! The Making of a Minnesotan Boy Band gives the rock mockumentary genre a raucous pop twist”
· “The Band’s original pop singles hit the parodic bull’s-eye.”
· “For choreography, think Backstreet Boys on the Iron Range – hockey sticks never moved like this.”
THE MINNEAPOLIS STAR TRIBUNE – KRISTIN TILLOTSON
· “All the ingredients for success – the pom-pom dance line moves, the hair, the clothes, a cuteness quotient measuring several years younger than they are…”
· “If you're looking for the next boy band, you've found them. They've got great vocal talent, including creative melodies and perfect execution of every note. If you like boy bands, don't miss these guys.”
THE WEDGE – SUZIE OVERLIE
· “It ROCKS!”
· “The people who put U Betcha! Together deserve their proper respect for being masters in the theater among us.”
· It is only with this kind of artful precision that parody can be belly laughingly funny as this company makes it."