R32 GT-R Hicas Diagnostic
R33 GT-R Hicas Diagnostic
R34 GT-R Hicas Diagnostic
300ZX Hicas Diagnostic
Self Diagnostic Procedure
1. Start the engine
2. Within 10 seconds after turning the key to 'ON', start the engine, turn steering wheel from left to right 20 degrees from neutral 5 times or more times & pump the brakes 5 times. Then press the brake pedal again to enter the test mode.
Diagnostic Item Input
1. Move the vehicle one or two meters at a very low speed
2. Turn the steering wheel more than 20 deg right to left once or more.
11 Control unit
12 Motor power supply
13 Motor output
21 Vehicle sped signal
22 Steering angle signal
23 Steering angle netural signal
24 Rear steering angle main sensor signal
25 Rear steering angle sub-sensor signal
33 Engine speed signal
41 Yaw rate signal
Turbos come standard with High Capacity Actively Controlled Suspension, a fancy way to say 4 wheel steering. There's a visual diagnostic mode to check for problems in the HICAS functions. The 90-93 TTs have hydrolic HICAS running off the power steering pump, where '94+ utilizes electric actuators to handle the rear steering chores. Their codes are a little different, but the procedure is the same. It might required a few tries to make it work. Be persistant!
1. Ignition switch 'off' manual tranny in neutral or A/T in 'P'
2. Start the engine
3. Within 10 seconds after turning the key to 'ON', start the engine, turn steering wheel from left to right 20 degrees from neutral 5 times or more times & pump the brakes 5 times. Then press the brake pedal again to enter the test mode.
4. Turning the steering wheel left or right past 20 degrees from neutral will cause the rear wheels to turn slightly (~1 degree) (1.).
5. Drive the car forward 15 feet under 9mph to enter the full diagnostic mode.
6. The HICAS dash light will flash a code indicating any problems. Long flash is first digit, short flash is 2nd digit.
7. Diagnostic mode is exited when: ignition is turned off, vehicle speed exceeds 9mph, or diagnostic has operated for 5 minutes.
HICAS light codes for '90-'93:
1. HICAS solenoid R.H.
HICAS light codes for '94-'99:
11. HICAS control unit