Welcome to the Giddings Public LIbrary and Cultural Center. Our goal is to provide a diverse selection of information and resources. From books on families to the more than 2400 Native American artifacts in the Arnold Smith Collection, there is something for everyone!
* Genealogy: The library has a collection of books on families, county histories,
immigration, etc. Microfilm and CD-ROM.
* Texana: The library has an extensive collection of fiction and non-fiction Texas
* Periodicals: Current and past periodicals.
* The Arnold Smith Collection: More than 2,400 Native American artifacts
collected by Giddings resident, Arnold Smith, are on display. The exhibit is the
largest permanent public display of Native American artifacts in the state.
* The Hilton Lee Smith Baseball Memorabilia Collection: National Baseball Hall of Fame Member, Negro Leagues – Played for the Monroe Monarchs (1932-1935), New Orleans Black Creoles (1933), New Orleans Crescent Stars (1933), Kansas City Monarchs (1936-1948)
* Inter-Library Loan available
* Tex-Share Card accepted
* Summer Reading Program for children ages 3 – 12
* Story Time every Wednesday from 10:30am – 11:00am for children ages 3 – 6
* Meeting, Conference and Study Rooms available
* 16mm Film Projectors and Overhead Projectors
* Computer lab with 16 computers for internet access
* Basic computer classes
Giddings Public Library & Cultural Center
276 N. Orange
Giddings, Texas 78942
Hours of Operation:
10:00am - 6:00pm
10:00am - 1:00pm
Copy, Fax and Notary Service Available