Whole Wheat Pizza Dough (or use your favorite crust)
Roasted Butternut Squash
Caramelized Red Onion Slices
Mozzarella cheese, shredded
Fresh rosemary, chopped
1. To roast the butternut squash, place peeled, diced squash on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 40-50 minutes, at 400 degrees. Stir occasionally.
2. Caramelize the onions. See this post from Simply Recipes for directions.
3. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees, or as hot as it will go, with a pizza stone inside.
4. Make your pizza dough. We used our favorite whole wheat crust. You can use store bought crust if you wish.
5. Roll out your pizza crust. We sprinkle our pizza peel with corn meal and make the pizza on the peel. Drizzle the crust with a little bit of olive oil and spread it around the crust.
6. Add the garlic, butternut squash, onions, cheese, and rosemary.
7. Slide the pizza onto the stone that is in the hot oven.
8. Cook the pizza for about 12-15 minutes. Just watch it. You want the cheese to be melted and the crust to be golden brown.
9. Cool and slice. Sprinkle balsamic vinegar on slices of pizza if you wish.