4 T unsalted butter, at room temperature
½ c. brown sugar
1/3 c. white sugar
1/4 c. applesauce
¾ c. pumpkin
1 ½ tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. nutmeg
¼ tsp. all spice
¾ c. all purpose flour
1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1 1/4 c. oats
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream the butter with the sugars until soft and creamy, using a mixer.
3. Add in applesauce, pumpkin, egg and vanilla.
4. In a separate bowl combine the salt, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice, and flour. Whisk the ingredients together.
5. Add flour mixture to wet ingredients, with the mixer on low. Mix until blended.
6. Add the oats and briefly mix. Stir in the chocolate chips.
7. Scoop tablespoons of dough onto a baking sheet that has a Silpat or parchment paper. 8. Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes! Let cool on a rack.