1 bag of fresh cranberries
1 cup of water
1/3 cup sugar
Zest of 1 orange
Squeeze of fresh orange juice, from the zested orange
1. Wash and pick over the fresh cranberries. Set them aside.
2. Bring the water and sugar to boil in a medium saucepan. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
3. Add the cranberries to the pan. Return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer on the stove for about 10 minutes. You will hear the berries start to pop. This is the best part:)
4. Stir in the orange zest and fresh orange juice. Let the cranberry sauce cool to room temperature.
5. Chill in the refrigerator. The sauce can be made a few days ahead of time.