- Unlike most fruit, cranberries don’t show they’re ripe by color – instead they bounce. Yes, ripe cranberries bounce.
- Coffee and cigarettes are popular, but they can also kill you quickly IF you a) drank between 50-200 cups of coffee at one time (not easy to do), or if you put one drop of pure, 100% nicotine on your tongue. In both cases, your heart would get so over-stimulated that you would probably have a heart attack.
- The oldest recipe in the world, almost 4000 years old, was written on a clay tablet and was found near Baghdad. It’s a recipe for making beer.
- There are over 6 billion people on earth. For each person, there are over 100,000 mosquitoes.
- J.K. Rowling, the author of the Harry Potter series, is actually richer than the Queen of England.
- When you skate on ice at exactly 0 degrees Centigrade, you’re really skating (sliding) on a micro-thin layer of water. If the ice is colder than -15 degrees Centigrade, you can’t skate. Your steel skate blades will stick to the ice because there are no molecules of water for them to slide on.
- Easter Sunday, the holiest day in the Christian religion, is named after Eostre, the Anglo-Saxon pagan goddess of spring and re-birth.
- Disneyworld, in Orlando, Florida, is twice as big as Manhattan.
- A tiger’s skin is actually stripped, but a zebra’s isn’t. Also, a polar bear’s skin is really very dark to help it absorb sunlight.
- A cockroach’s brain is spread throughout its body. If you cut off its head, it will live for a week, and it only dies because it can’t eat.