This view shows the map position of all cameras, and allows you to select a camera and view the image in-place on the map.
- Zoom in or out to look for camera icons.
- Tap a camera icon to see the image. The image is live, and it will refresh based on the settings. Tap outside to hide the image.
- Tap an image to see it in the details view.
- Double tap an image to force a refresh.
- Swipe on an image from right to left (or bottom to top) to bring into view the next image in the current group of cameras.
- Swipe on an image from left to right (or top to bottom) to bring into view the previous image in the current group of cameras.
- Click on to navigate the map to your current location. You have to have location services, either network or GPS, turned on, for this to work.
Long-click (tap and hold) an image to bring up the context menu. The available commands are:
- Add/Remove from group - see ,to see how to add/remove a single camera from an existing group.
- Show Details - brings the details view (same as single tap).
- Refresh Image - forces a refresh (same as double tap).
- Email a Snapshot - send a snapshot of the current camera image by email.
New: See traffic events and traffic speed directly on the map.
Tap any construction
, or special event
button, to see details, including a description of the event, start and end data, and last update.
Use the bottom bar buttons to toggle cameras, traffic events, and the speed lines. Use the reload button to reload traffic events.
To change the view's settings, press your phone's menu button, and select Settings.
- Show Top Navigation Bar - toggle the top navigation bar on and off, to save space.
- Show Bottom Navigation Bar - toggle the bottom navigation bar on and off, to save space.
- My Location Radius - when navigating to my location, either from Home view, or from this view, it zooms the map to this radius.
- Landscape Orientation Columns - set the number of columns in landscape.
- Show Camera Description - turn camera's name on and off.
- Show Camera Image - turn camera's image on and off. Camera Description and Camera Image cannot be both turned off.
- Auto Refresh - sets the automatic refresh for the camera image. It can be set from a low of 10 seconds to a high of 10 minutes. To disable it, select Double-click.
- Location Updates - sets the frequency by which the current location is going to be updated.
Warning: The shorter the Auto Refresh time, the slower the application's responsiveness will be. Also, you might want to keep the refresh to a minimum if you are not on an unlimited data plan, to avoid going over your monthly data allowance. Even though camera images are not large (50KB on average), it can all add up. If you are not certain, set "Auto Refresh" to Double-click.
A shorter location update time will negatively affect the battery life of your phone.