Recipe adapted from Danica's Daily
- 3 cups steel cut oats (do not use regular
oatmeal because it does not hold up well for slow cooking)
- 8 cups water
- 1 pound frozen peaches (unsweeetened)
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon real vanilla
- 1 1/2 - 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray or use a crockpot
liner. If you could see the pot I have to scrub right now, you'd
completely understand the wisdom in this instruction. I forgot to spray
the crockpot last night. I am very sorry about that.
- Combine all of the ingredients in the crockpot. The
cinnamon and fruit will probably rise to the top, don't worry about it.
They will cook up just fine.
- Cook overnight on low for 8 hours.
- Serve with sweetener of choice, a little butter, and
some milk. My personal favorites for sweetening are: brown sugar,
coconut sugar, agave nectar, or maple syrup or maple sugar.