Prep time: 20 mins | Cook time: 30 mins | Total time: 50 mins | Yield: 4 dozen cookies
Tender and lightly sweet, Merry Christmas Cookies are full of chopped nuts and candied fruits.
Recipe by Terri @ that's some good cookin'
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 3½ cups chopped pecans
- 3 slices crystallized pineapple, chopped
- 1 cup crystallized cherries (red and green), chopped
- ⅓ cups raisins
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon rum flavoring
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour (spoon flour into measuring cup, then scrape level)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 250-degrees F.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar. Stir in the pecans, pineapple, cherries and raisins. Add the beaten eggs and milk and mix well
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Stir well, just until ingredients are combined.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonsful onto parchment lined or slightly greased cookie sheet I used
an approximate rounded teaspoonful for each cookie. These are not
supposed to be large cookies.
- Bake for approximately 30-35
minutes. Do not over-cook or else you will have rocks instead of
cookies. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. Store in a covered
container in a cool, dry place.