Recipe @ that's some good cookin' by Leslie
- 2 (8 ounce) blocks cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 425-degrees F.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions. Cook until
translucent and some of them are just barely beginning to turn golden, stirring as needed. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and mayonnaise with an electric hand mixer until well blended and smooth.
- Add the mozzarella, parmesan, and onions; mix until well blended.
- Pour into an appropriate size baking dish and bake at 425 degrees
for 15 minutes. I have used dishes of various sizes and shapes. This
dip bakes best when it is about 1-inch deep in the dish. This may sound
really picky or technical, but per my preference, I think that this gives the best results.