Post date: Sep 30, 2009 2:46:26 PM
Congratulations to our newly elected leaders!
SPL: Bryan E
ASPL: John A
SCRIBE: Ben B
HISTORIAN: Mason T
LIBRARIAN: Ben T
QUARTERMASTER: Parker S
Patrol Leaders: Drew H and Fox S
The patrols will need to be adjusted and will be finalized for next week.
STEW WEEKEND!!! This Friday night - Saturday morning.
Friday - Chicken Picking at 6:00 PM.
Scouts should plan to stay the night as we need to keep the five pots stirring all night and the more scouts we have, the more shifts we can have, so the less time we all spend stirring.
* Any adults who can stay the night are encouraged to do so.
* Bright and early Saturday morning we all gather (about 6:00 AM) to dip the stew into the quart containers and prepare the stew for delivery.
* Everyone who possibly can (adults, leaders, brothers & sisters, grandparents, neighbors) needs to help out with Chicken Picking and dipping.
* All stew must be picked up no later than 8:00 Saturday morning and out to delivery.
* We will need some folks to help return the pots and clean up as well.
* NEED SOMEONE WITH A PICK UP TRUCK TO MAKE A DUMP RUN ON SATURDAY.
* Everyone must wear a hat all times when dealing with the food.
* Directions: The Hatcher Cole FOP Lodge is located at 1941 Shady Grove Road just north west of the 295 overpass. If you are travelling on from thechurch, go south on 301, and turn left at the light onto Shady Grove Road. Continue on Shady Grove Road through the light at Studley, and keep headingtoward 295. When the Road divides, start looking carefully on your right for the Hatcher Cole Lodge. We should have our Troop 555 sign out as well.
PLEASE ATTEND!!!!!! If we have enought scouts we've got an easy job ahead. If not - well then things get a little harder. Please help make it our best stew ever!
Reminder to bring in all equipment. There is a substantial amount of camping equipment missing. Please check your garage, your room, etc. for any equipment you forgot to return.
Popcorn ATTN: Special Prize offer for every Scout!!!!!!
Fill up your order form and automatically get entered to win a PS3!!!!
Every order form is another chance to win!!!
This drawing will be conducted after the Sale on Nov. 16th.
Don't forget about the Bow & Mallow!!! No limit on how many bow and mallow's you can earn (EX: 1 filled order form = 1 bow and mallow).
The knot challenge sheet is attached so you can work on mastering your knots. Make sure you read the rules.
Advice from the Scoutmaster: Losers can get more out of the game than winners - with the right attitude.
- 10-2-3 – Fall Stew
- 10/16 – 18 – Merit Badge Camporee!
- 10/31 - Bags out
- 11/7 - Bags in
- 11/7 - Recruitment weekend at Chippokes - leadership opportunity
Please remember that Troop meetings start promptly at 7:30. Leaders are there from about 7:15 and Scouts can gather and take advantage of this time to talk to the leaders. If you are leaving the meeting early, please make sure the scoutmaster or an assistant scoutmaster know you are leaving so we won’t go looking for you.