Post date: Sep 17, 2010 5:35:43 PM
Thanks to all who came and made the Fall Court of Honor a great event. A special thanks to Mrs. Showalter for pulling together a great dinner and to all the folks who helped with bringing dishes, set-up and clean-up.
There is a Fishing/Camping Trip planned for September 17-19. Scouts will need to have a signed permissions slip, so parents, please be prepared to sign one when you drop off your scout. We will gather at the church about 5:30. Scouts should bring fishing equipment, along with their usual weekend camping gear.
For the Albright Fishing Trip
On Sunday at 9/19 there will be a SEABASE meeting for all scouts and leaders (and parents of scouts) who plan to attend SEABASE. A commitment check of $400 is expected from all participants (scouts and leaders). We have space for a few more!
Fall stew is coming September 24-25. We're trying to make sure we have all the help we need available in order to know how many pots to make etc. We need folks to commit to:
- Moving the Pots Thursday night September 23rd. Usually this takes about 6-8 strong men a couple of hours, about 7-9:00 that night.
- Chicken Picking Friday at 6:00 All hands needed!
- Adults and Scouts to stay overnight. We really need at least three shifts (5-6 scouts) to do this. We're more than happy to have (and encourage) adults to volunteer to stir with the boys. Please let us know if you can stay, and if you will stir!
- Packing the Stew - Saturday morning - We start packing around 6-6:30 and we're usually done by 8:00.
- Clean up and returning the pots - Again, strong men for cleaning the pots.
Service Hours opportunity: Course Marshall for a charity 5K run on Saturday, October 9th 8:00 AM ET till about 10 AM in the fields next to the church. Mr Slicker has contacts for additional information.
Advice from the Scoutmaster: Live the Scout Oath and Law every day. Remember to say Thank you!
- 9/17-19 - Camping/Fishing trip
- 9/19 - Seabase meeting
- 9/24-25 - Fall Stew
- 7/20-7/26 2011 SEABASE!
Please remember that Troop meetings start promptly at 7:30. Leaders are there from about 7:15 and Scouts can gather and take advantage of this time to talk to the leaders. If you are leaving the meeting early, please make sure the scoutmaster or an assistant scoutmaster know you are leaving so we won’t go looking for you.