September 23, 2008
Post date: Sep 25, 2008 1:18:46 AM
The Oceana Air Show was a great success! Those who went had lot's to tell. For those who went, the cost for the trip was $9.00. Please get your money to Mr. Richardson ASAP.
This weekend is Stew! We have already sold 883 quarts, but we can sell a few more. If you have aditional orders, please contact Mr. Showalter (firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>). Orders will be honored in the order they are received.
We need adults to move the pots Thursday night the 25th at 7:00; meet at Shady Grove United Methodist Church.
Friday - Chicken Picking at 6:00 PM.
Scouts should plan to stay the night as we need to keep the five pots stirring all night and the more scouts we have, the more shifts we can have, so the less time we all spend stirring.
* Any adults who can stay the night are encouraged to do so.
* Bright and early Saturday morning we all gather (about 6:00 AM) to dip the stew into the quart containers and prepare the stew for delivery.
* Everyone who possibly can (adults, leaders, brothers & sisters, grandparents, neighbors) needs to help out with Chicken Picking and dipping.
* All stew must be picked up no later than 8:00 Saturday morning and out to delivery.
* We will need some folks to help return the pots and clean up as well.
* Everyone must wear a hat all times when dealing with the food.
* Directions: The Hatcher Cole FOP Lodge is located at 1941 Shady Grove Road just north west of the 295 overpass. If you are travelling on from the church, go south on 301, and turn left at the light onto Shady Grove Road. Continue on Shady Grove Road through the light at Studley, and keep heading toward 295. When the Road divides, start looking carefully on your right for the Hatcher Cole Lodge. We should have our Troop 555 sign out as well.
We Need To Hear From You! The troop’s 25th Anniversary Celebration will be held October 5th at the “Hanover Courthouse Ruritan Park from about 3:00 – 8:00. Please plan to attend with your whole family. If anyone has not yet sent your RSVP to attend the Troop 555 25th Reunion it is not too late to do so. Please send your RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com> or call 779-3939 as soon as possible. We need to know if you are going to be with us as the Troop is providing the dinner.
Stephen Kelley's Eagle Project second installment - This Sunday, September 28th 1 - 5:30 pm. We will continue constructing a playground for the kids of a local church, so please bring work gloves, safety glasses, and other basic construction equipment (power drills, wrenches, etc.) if you can. Drinks will be provided. This is an ambitious project so please try and find time to come, Stephen needs all the help he can get.
The church is Mechanicsville Presbyterian Church; it's address is 7339 Atlee Road, Mechanicsville. Here is a link to it on mapquest - http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Mechanicsville&state=VA&address=7339+Atlee+Rd&zipcode=23111-1731&country=US&latitude=37.607348&longitude=-77.373869&geocode=ADDRESS.
Here is a list of some tools
"Electric Drills (2) with Phillips screw bits
Drill bits in these sizes (3/16'', 3/8'', 5/16'', and 7/16'')
Sockets in these sizes (9/16'', and 1/2'')
Screwdrivers (Medium Phillips)
Circular Power Saw with an outside extension cord
If any volunteers could bring some of these tools that would be of great help, all other tools not listed here are ones that we have enough of. Thank you for your assistance."
Popcorn Sales have started. Mr. Showalter is our Popcorn chairman this year. If you have complete orders or money, please give them to Mr. Showalter. - Don't hang on to them until the end of the sale! The final date to turn in orders is October 28th.
Elections are Next Week!- please be at the meeting!
The calendar is on the web site. Please check it out as it is very full, and more is being added! There is a Merit Badge Camporee planned for the end of October!
Advice from the Scoutmaster: Have as much sense as a Goose!