Post date: Oct 22, 2009 6:41:08 PM
We had a great review of the Camporee – Scouts are now warm and Dry. Then we played Human Checkers – Great team building!
If you have any remaining Stew money or receipts, please make sure they get to Mr. Ames by next week!
The District Award Dinner is November 7th and is open to all scouts and families. Ben Ward is leading the Flag Ceremony, and is looking for full Class A scouts to help out.
If any scouts are interested in arranging a Sunday Afternoon Mountain Bike Ride through the trails of Brady Saunders, please contact Mrs. Coffey.
Equipment Amnesty Program! We are missing several equipment items, coolers, tents etc. Please check your sheds and garages for troop equipment. For the next two meetings there is a Troop Equipment Amnesty program. No questions asked – just bring it back!
Keep selling Popcorn!!!
OA dues are Due – forms are available from Ben Ward.
Advice from the Scoutmaster: What you do speaks so loudly that I can’t hear what you say! Remember to Set the Example!
- 10/31 - Bags out
- 11/3 – No meeting – Election Day
- 11/7 - Bags in
- 11/7 District Dinner (Ben Ward needs help with the Flag Ceremony)
- 11/7 - Recruitment weekend at Chippokes - leadership opportunity
- 11/14 – Chip Oaks Recruitment event – Overnight Camping!
- 11/17 – Hospital Visit – Meet at Memorial Regional by 7:30 – Don’t be late!
- 11/21 – Hike – White Oak Canyon & Early service opportunity for CARATAS and NHPC
Please remember that Troop meetings start promptly at 7:30. Leaders are there from about 7:15 and Scouts can gather and take advantage of this time to talk to the leaders. If you are leaving the meeting early, please make sure the scoutmaster or an assistant scoutmaster know you are leaving so we won’t go looking for you.