Post date: Oct 21, 2010 1:43:01 AM
WHEW! What a busy meeting we had last night! We had a great time welcoming our guest Webelos!
From the SPL: Next Tuesday night is Tables and a Halloween Theme - (Scout Appropriate Costumes Allowed.) If you remember - bring a snack to share. If you don't remember - or don't read the update - you go to the back of the line. We'll also be doing some planning - so bring ideas for troop outings. And learn the Outdoor Code.
This Friday and Saturday – CAMPING!!!!!
Battlefield District Merit Badge Camporee October 22-23. Lots of great badges to earn!!! We wil leave the church on 10/22/10 6:30pm and return 10/23/10 10:00pm. the Camporee will take place at Charlotte Acres. Note this is a Saturday night return. An update is attached to this e-mail as well as the permission slip. A few notes are below:
1. Be sure scouts have reviewed the prerequisites required for their choice of merit badge. If prerequisites are not completed scouts may earn a “partial”.
2. Scouts taking a merit badge marked “taking a field trip” should bring a permission slip from a parent, stating he can go on the field trip. A scoutmaster note will suffice, if the scoutmaster accepts the responsibility. Drivers will be screened and the rules of safe scouting will apply.
(Did you know that all the requirements for all the meritbadges as well as some handy worksheets are available atwww.meritbadge.org ?)
Remember to get in your Stew Money!
Brian E. expressed his thanks for all who helped with his Eagle project – there may be more to come.
Due to the fact there will be no meeting on 11/2 (no school, no scouts), all popcorn orders are due Tuesday 10/26.
If you need more time to sell popcorn please contact our Popcorn Kernal Teresa Houck at email@example.com.
The Battlefield district dinner is Nov. 6th. Ben Ward is working on finding scouts to help with flag duties. Please see him for more details. (and everyone should consider going to the dinner!)
There are scholarship opportunities available for Eagle Scouts and great opportunities available for OA members as well – see Ben Ward for more details.
Advice from the Scoutmaster: Experience is the greatest teacher – learn from those with experience (and that means Mom and Dad too!)
· 10/22-23 - Fall Merit Badge Camporee
· 10/30 - Bags Out (Many hands make light work!)
· 10/31 & 11/6 - Carpentry Merit Badge - See Mr. Carr or Mr. Ward for details.
· 11/6 Bags In
· 11/6 - Battlefield District Dinner
· 11/13-14 - Camping - Chippokes
Please remember that Troop meetings start promptly at 7:30. Leaders are there from about 7:15 and Scouts can gather and take advantage of this time to talk to the leaders. If you are leaving the meeting early, please make sure the scoutmaster or an assistant scoutmaster know you are leaving so we won’t go looking for you.