Post date: Oct 16, 2009 2:12:52 AM
Merit Badge Camporee 10/16-18 – Permission Slip is attached.
Meet at Carson Building at 6:30 PM, Friday, October 16th. We will leave the church as soon as possible and proceed to Sandy Point in King William County. We will return to the Carson Building on Sunday, October 18th around 12:30 PM. Bring appropriate gear for the weather including rain gear, as well as paper a pen and a good attitude!
HELP NEEDED!!! - We may need an additional vehicle for transporting the boys this weekend. We have only 2 confirmed leaders staying the whole weekend and 12 boys. In addition, if someone has a truck that they can drive to pull the trailer, it would be most appreciated.
An urgent note to all scouts and parents of scouts in Troop 555:
As we have looked at our equipment for the next camp out that is scheduled for this weekend, we have found that many items taken home for cleaning from past trips have not been returned to the Carson Building.
This weekend, we are scheduled to camp at a location without a water supply, and we are missing water coolers from the troop trailer and/or shed. New water coolers are expensive and the troop owns enough to have an ample supply of water for the camp out at Sandy Point.
Again, this is an urgent request. Scouts and parents are urged to look in your garages for troop equipment.
If you find equipment that may be used this weekend, to specifically include water coolers, please send an email to Mr. Elliott (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible. Thank you.
Popcorn ATTN: Special Prize offer for every Scout!!!!!!
· Fill up your order form and automatically get entered to win a PS3!!!!
· Every order form is another chance to win!!!
· This drawing will be conducted after the Sale on Nov. 16th.
· Don't forget about the Bow & Mallow!!! No limit on how many bow and mallow's you can earn (EX: 1 filled order form = 1 bow and mallow).
OA dues are Due – forms are available from Ben Ward.
Advice from the Scoutmaster: Do A Good Turn Daily – A good turn can be a simple thing that makes something write. (Misspelling intended)
- 10/16 – 18 – Merit Badge Camporee!
- 10/31 - Bags out
- 11/7 - Bags in
- 11/7 District Dinner (Ben Ward needs help with the Flag Ceremony)
- 11/7 - Recruitment weekend at Chippokes - leadership opportunity
- 11/21 – Hike – White Oak Canyon & Early service opportunity for CARATAS and NHPC
Please remember that Troop meetings start promptly at 7:30. Leaders are there from about 7:15 and Scouts can gather and take advantage of this time to talk to the leaders. If you are leaving the meeting early, please make sure the scoutmaster or an assistant scoutmaster know you are leaving so we won’t go looking for you.