Post date: Nov 29, 2010 6:10:05 PM
We will have our regularly scheduled meeting Tomorrow night! We’ll start promptly at 7:30 – leaders will be available early if advancements need to be signed off. The committee meets for advancement next Tuesday December 7th.
Our Popcorn Kernel has your orders, please come to pick them up. If you cannot attend tonight's meeting please contact T Houck to make arrangements to get your order. Money is due as soon as possible! (The tins that were not available should be in on December 10th)
Advice from the scoutmaster: Be thankful (All year long – not just on Thanksgiving Day!)
- I'm Thankful for being free to make my own choices, so I'm Trustworthy by telling the truth.
- I'm Thankful for my patrol mates, so I'm Loyal to them by pitching in with hard tasks and working as a team.
- I'm Thankful for scouts that have taught me, so I'm Helpful to younger scouts.
- I'm Thankful for my friends, so I'm Friendly to people around me that don't seem to have friends.
- I'm Thankful for the efforts of the SPL and other leaders, so I'm Courteous and quiet while they speak.
- I'm Thankful for being accepted into this troop, so I'm Kind to Webelos and welcome them to my troop.
- I'm Thankful for my home and family, so I Obey my parents.
- I'm Thankful that I have free time and opportunities to have fun, so I'm Cheerful even while working.
- I'm Thankful for the money people give me for fundraising, so I'm Thrifty when buying food and gear for camping.
- I'm Thankful for the soldiers, policemen, firefighters, and others that protect us from danger, so I'm Brave when faced with a scary situation.
- I'm Thankful for the adults that drive on campouts, so I leave their car Clean when we're done.
- I'm Thankful for every day I wake up with more life to live, so I'm Reverent to my God.
- · 12/11 - Spy Museum Day Trip ·
- 1/8 - Fredricksburg or Chancellorsville Battlefield Hike
- 1/28 -29 - Klondike Derby
- 2/19 - Belle Isle Hike
Please remember that Troop meetings start promptly at 7:30. Leaders are there from about 7:15 and Scouts can gather and take advantage of this time to talk to the leaders. Please don't wait until the end of the meeting for advancement sing-off. If you are leaving the meeting early, please make sure the scoutmaster or an assistant scoutmaster know you are leaving so we won’t go looking for you.