Post date: Jun 24, 2010 7:08:27 PM
Gettysburg this weekend – a permission slip is attached and details are below.
Please check you houses, garages, etc. for troop equipment. We are missing water coolers and need them for this weekend's trip!
Our plans are as follows:
FRIDAY JUNE 25th
· We are to meet at the Carson Building no later than 8:00AM this Friday June 25th
· It is our plan to leave the Carson Building no later than 8:30AM Friday for Gettysburg
· We will stop at a fast food facility (McDonald’s or Burger King etc) outside of Gettysburg by noon
· We should be at the campsite to set up tents around 1:00PM
· After setting up camp we are to proceed to the Visitor’s Center where we will pick up the Heritage Trail Booklets
· We will start to hike the Johnny Reb Trail around 2:30pm – approximately a 4 mile hike. The hike will last approximately 2.5 hours. After the hike we will return to camp for dinner and rest.
· Lights Out at 10:00PM
SATURDAY JUNE 26th
· Up between 6:30 and 7:00 AM
· Breakfast done by 8AM
· Arrive at Park Visitors Center and tour of museum and movie and Cyclorama 9AM to 10:30
· Beginning Billy Yank trail at 10:30- 10 mile hike. This hike will take approximately six hours. We will eat a bag lunch along the trail.
· We should be back at Camp between 5 and 5:30 PM
· Dinner at 6:30 PM
· Lights Out by 10:00PM
SUNDAY JUNE 27th
· Up between 6:00 and 6:30 AM
· Breakfast done and break camp by 8AM
· Arrive at Park Visitors Center around 9 AM
· Begin Historic Gettysburg Trail hike –approximately 3 miles – at 9:30AM. Hike should last 2 to 3 hours
· Return to Park Visitors Center by 12:30
· Take Shuttle Bus to the Eisenhower National Historic Site
· Return from the Eisenhower National Historic Site around 2:30
· Leave for Richmond between 2:30 and 3:00
· Arrive back at Carson Building between 5:30 and 6:00PM
COSTS – Due to Patches, entrance fees, travel etc costs are higher than a usual trip: $40 for the weekend. Make checks to TROOP 555. This includes camping food, patches and entrance fees. Food on the road is not included (estimate is $7) and spending money is not included for souvenirs etc
Attendance was light at the meeting. We realize it's summer, but please support your troop by coming to the meetings.
Merit badge information - Invention is a new merit badge - see Ben Ward for more information. Bugling will not be offered as of Jan. 1, 2011.
Eagle project - if you are looking for an Eagle project, the church wants 2 picnic tables built. Contact Janet Russ at 427-6418.
Advice from the Scoutmaster: Keep God in your thoughts for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.