Post date: Jul 22, 2010 8:11:37 PM
Congratulations to Ben B, Ben T, Drew H. and Fox S. on being elected into the OA!
Next week is summer camp! We’re all working on our merit badge pre-requisites (aren’t we?) and we’re packing our packs!
Urgent! We need a volunteer to tow the trailer to and from camp. (It doesn't have to be the same person both times). Please contact Mr. Slicker if you can help out! (email@example.com).
A few notes about camp:
· We’ll gather at 12:30 on Sunday at the church to leave for camp.
· The first thing we do at camp is the swim test. Pack your suit and towel on the top.
· Any medications you need should be at the top of your pack in a zip-lock bag clearly labeled with your name. All medications should be in their original packaging.
· You might want to bring a camp chair. Everything else should be inside or tightly attached to your pack (we often have to hike in our personal gear!)
· If you have merit badge books, bring them.
· If you are taking the swimming merit badge, please make sure you have a pair of long pants (avoid blue jeans if you can – they get really heavy when they are wet), a long sleeve shirt, and a pair of shoes you can go in the water in.
· Trailblazers (first year campers) bring a day pack if you can.
· Cope – bring tennis-shoes – they work better than boots on many of the challenges.
· Mr. Carr will be keeping the bank if you want to have him hold your spending money for safety. He will collect your money Sunday.
NOTE: Do not bring electronic games, music players or cell phones. All electronics and cell phones will be confiscated and kept by the Scoutmaster until our next scout meeting. Leaders will have access to cell phones if there is an emergency.
We do not meet the week after camp, so our next meeting is August 10th.
Advice from the Scoutmaster: Campsites are our home - Keep them Clean!
· 7/25-31 – Summer Camp at Brady Saunders
· 8/6 – Day Trip to Washington for Adventure Base 100
· 8/22 – Eric D's Eagle Scout Court of Honor
· 8/27-29 - Kick Back Camping Trip (Probably Eagle Point)
· 7/20-7/26 2011 SEABASE!
Please remember that Troop meetings start promptly at 7:30. Leaders are there from about 7:15 and Scouts can gather and take advantage of this time to talk to the leaders. If you are leaving the meeting early, please make sure the scoutmaster or an assistant scoutmaster know you are leaving so we won’t go looking for you.