Post date: Feb 10, 2011 1:15:05 AM
First – A quick apology to all who did not receive last week’s update – there was an error in including the troop list in the BCC. Please let me know if you do not get this message J Seriously in case this sort of thing happens and you don't know what is happening in the troop - remember to check our website (unless the webmaster doesn't get the update either) or our blog. Also remember that parents and families are encouraged to join us for circle time at the end of every meeting where all our announcements are made.
This Week was our Court of Honor/FOS dinner. Thanks to everyone who came and helped! Congratulations to all who received recognition for their hard work!
Scout Sunday is this Sunday at New Hanover. We will be attending the 10:10 service. Please gather at 9:45 in the Laburnum Commons at about 9:45 in Class A Uniform.
The Open House schedule is rescheduled for the 15th of February!
Stew is coming February 25-26 : We will need help in several areas including moving pots on the Wednesday before and at the end of Stew:
We'll need help with:
· Set up pots - Wednesday evening 2/23; 7pm Need 6 guys:
· Meet at Shady Grove Church at the pot pavilion (in the back)
· Chicken Picking Friday at 6:00 All hands needed!
· Adults and Scouts to stay overnight. We really need at least three shifts (5-6 scouts) to do this. We're more than happy to have (and encourage) adults to volunteer to stir with the boys. Please let us know if you can stay, and if you will stir!
· Packing the Stew - Saturday morning - We start packing around 6-6:30 and we're usually done by 8:00.
· Take the pots down - Saturday morning (2/26) and return them to their homes, be at the FOP by 6:30am. The last pot will go to the Hanover Courthouse and the job will be done by 9:30am or so...
Many Hands Make Light Work! Plan to come help and bring a friend if you can!
Bring in your orders to Mrs Coffee at our Court of Honor.
There is an Adult Leaders Meeting Sunday night 2/20 7:30 Carson Building - Please let the Scoutmaster know if you cannot attend.
If you have any current merit badge books that you are willing to part with – Please donate them to our troop library!
Deposits for Summer Camp – by the end of this month if you can! . See Mrs. Coffey with questions.
We have a day-hike planned on the 19th of February. About 6 miles of easy hiking around Belle Isle. Cool!!! A permission slip with additional information is attached!
Ben Ward is looking to make sure Medicals are updated – Please see him if you have any questions.
Advice from the Scoutmaster – you may know someone who needs a hand or needs a friend – a scout is kind and a scout is friendly – Remember that the scout law you say on Tuesday night applies on Wednesday morning and the rest of the week too!
Please remember that Troop meetings start promptly at 7:30. Leaders are there from about 7:15 and Scouts can gather and take advantage of this time to talk to the leaders. Please don't wait until the end of the meeting for advancement sing-off. If you are leaving the meeting early, please make sure the scoutmaster or an assistant scoutmaster know you are leaving so we won’t go looking for you.