Post date: Feb 23, 2011 4:15:57 AM
First and Foremost please join us in congradulating Troop 555's newest Eagle Scout Ben Blados.
Stew is coming this weekend February 25-26 : We will need help in several areas including moving pots on the Wednesday before and at the end of Stew:
We'll need help with:
· Set up pots - Wednesday evening 2/23; 7pm Need 6 guys:
· Meet at Shady Grove Church at the pot pavilion (in the back)
· Chicken Picking Friday at 6:00pm All hands needed!
· Adults, Scouts and Friends to stay overnight. We really need at least three shifts (5-6 scouts) to do this. We're more than happy to have (and encourage) adults to volunteer to stir with the boys. Please let us know if you can stay, and if you will stir!
· Packing the Stew - Saturday morning - We start packing around 6-6:30 and we're usually done by 8:00.
· Take the pots down - Saturday morning (2/26) and return them to their homes, be at the FOP by 6:30am. The last pot will go to the Hanover Courthouse and the job will be done by 9:30am or so...
Many Hands Make Light Work! Plan to come help and bring a friend if you can!
Keep selling we have sold over 700 quarts but have room for more. Bring in your orders to the stew on Friday.
PLC, Sunday March 6th. Please let the ScoutMaster know if you cannot attend.
Deposits for Summer Camp – Are Due Tuesday. See Mrs. Coffey with questions.
AT Hikes are coming soon.
If you have any current merit badge books that you are willing to part with – Please donate them to our troop library!
Ben Ward is looking to make sure Medicals are updated – Please see him if you have any questions.
Advice from the Scoutmaster – Don't fail to plan, especially if you are working with bricks and height.
Please remember that Troop meetings start promptly at 7:30. Leaders are there from about 7:15 and Scouts can gather and take advantage of this time to talk to the leaders. Please don't wait until the end of the meeting for advancement sing-off. If you are leaving the meeting early, please make sure the scoutmaster or an assistant scoutmaster know you are leaving so we won’t go looking for you.