Post date: Feb 22, 2010 4:51:06 AM
On the 23rd of February (Tuesday night) we will have our February Friends of Scouting Dinner and Court of Honor. Please plan to attend and celebrate the accomplishments of the Scouts! We will be in the church commons, and dinner will begin at 6:30. Families please attend both for our FOS presentation and to help honor all the hard work that the boys have done that will be recognized.
Families of the Road Runners should bring a side dish, and families of the Greyt Wolves should bring a dessert. (If you have sons in both, please bring either a side or a dessert, but not both.) The troop will be providing Lasagna, Rolls, Salad & Drinks. Please remember that this is a full Class A uniform event. Parents should all come to the event to see their boys get their awards!
We’re asking the Road Runners to come 15 minutes early to help set up, and the GreytWolves Road Runners to be willing to stay a bit late to help clean up. Volunteers from both are more than welcome to help with either!
Tuesday Final Stew orders are due. SELL SELL SELL!
The following weekend (February 26-27) is STEW!!!!
Stew events begin Thursday night with moving the Pots. This usually takes about two hours that night for a half-dozen or so able bodied men - the pots are heavy! Check Tuesday night if you can help!
STEW WEEKEND THIS WEEKEND!!! Friday night - Saturday morning.
Friday - Chicken Picking at 6:00 PM.
Scouts should plan to stay the night as we need to keep the five pots stirring all night and the more scouts we have, the more shifts we can have, so the less time we all spend stirring.
* Any adults who can stay the night are encouraged to do so.
* Bright and early Saturday morning we all gather (about 6:00 AM) to dip the stew into the quart containers and prepare the stew for delivery.
* Everyone who possibly can (adults, leaders, brothers & sisters, grandparents, neighbors) needs to help out with Chicken Picking and dipping.
* All stew must be picked up no later than 8:00 Saturday morning and out to delivery.
* We will need some folks to help return the pots and clean up as well.
* NEED SOMEONE WITH A PICK UP TRUCK TO MAKE A DUMP RUN ON SATURDAY.
* Everyone must wear a hat all times when dealing with the food.
PLEASE ATTEND!!!!!! If we have enough scouts and adults we've got an easy job ahead. If not - well then things get a little harder. Please help make it our best stew ever!
2/23 – Troop Court of Honor and FOS Dinner
2/26-27 - Stew!
Please remember that Troop meetings start promptly at 7:30. Leaders are there from about 7:15 and Scouts can gather and take advantage of this time to talk to the leaders. If you are leaving the meeting early, please make sure the scoutmaster or an assistant scoutmaster know you are leaving so we won’t go looking for you.