Post date: Feb 17, 2011 6:53:41 PM
Open House was a success!! The Troop did a great job of entertaining our guests. Please remember to bring your friends to a meeting.
We have a day-hike planned on the 19th of February. About 6 miles of easy hiking around Belle Isle.
Spend the day along the James!! Who knows what wildlife and history you may see? A permission slip with additional information is attached! The departure time is 9:30 AM ET.
Deposits for Summer Camp – Are Due Tuesday. See Mrs. Coffey with questions.
Stew is coming February 25-26 : We will need help in several areas including moving pots on the Wednesday before and at the end of Stew:
We'll need help with:
· Set up pots - Wednesday evening 2/23; 7pm Need 6 guys:
· Meet at Shady Grove Church at the pot pavilion (in the back)
· Chicken Picking Friday at 6:00pm All hands needed!
· Adults and Scouts to stay overnight. We really need at least three shifts (5-6 scouts) to do this. We're more than happy to have (and encourage) adults to volunteer to stir with the boys. Please let us know if you can stay, and if you will stir!
· Packing the Stew - Saturday morning - We start packing around 6-6:30 and we're usually done by 8:00.
· Take the pots down - Saturday morning (2/26) and return them to their homes, be at the FOP by 6:30am. The last pot will go to the Hanover Courthouse and the job will be done by 9:30am or so...
Many Hands Make Light Work! Plan to come help and bring a friend if you can!
Bring in your orders to Mrs Coffee at our Court of Honor.
There is an Adult Leaders Meeting Sunday night 2/20 7:30 Carson Building - Please let the Scoutmaster know if you cannot attend.
If you have any current merit badge books that you are willing to part with – Please donate them to our troop library!
Ben Ward is looking to make sure Medicals are updated – Please see him if you have any questions.
Advice from the Scoutmaster – If you want to reach your goals, be sure to ignore pessimistic talk from others.
Please remember that Troop meetings start promptly at 7:30. Leaders are there from about 7:15 and Scouts can gather and take advantage of this time to talk to the leaders. Please don't wait until the end of the meeting for advancement sing-off. If you are leaving the meeting early, please make sure the scoutmaster or an assistant scoutmaster know you are leaving so we won’t go looking for you.