Post date: Feb 24, 2013 9:24:06 PM
Stop selling stew!! You guys have done a great job. We have sold about a 1,000 quarts. Now we got to make it. We're trying to make sure we have all the help we need. We need folks to commit to:
- Moving the Pots Thursday night February 28th. Usually this takes about 6-8 strong men a couple of hours, about 7:00-9:00 that night. (Meet at the Pavilion at Shady Grove Methodist Church.
- Chicken Picking Friday at 6:00 PM. All hands needed!!! (Moms, Dads, Siblings)
- Adults and Scouts to stay overnight. We really need at least three shifts (5-6 scouts per shift) to do this. We're more than happy to have (and encourage) adults to volunteer to stir with the boys. Please let us know if you can stay, and if you will stir! There will be pizza at midnight and soda for sale bring quarters
- Packing the Stew - Saturday morning - We start packing around 6-6:30 and we're usually done by 8:00.
- Clean up and returning the pots - Again, strong men for cleaning and returning the pots.
- Remember many hands make light work.
Our stew making location is:
Fraternal Order of Police Lodge
1941 Shady Grove Rd
Mechanicsville, VA 23111
Coming from Hwy 301 the lodge is on the right, before you cross I-295
Winter Court of Honor and FOS Dinner is Tuesday, March 12th at 6:30 PM. More details to come.
March PLC is scheduled for Thursday, March 14th at 7:30 PM in the Carson Building. If you are an officer and are unable to attend you must notify the Scoutmaster. We will work on March and April meetings. Please go to link below, and come to the meeting prepared.
PLC Members save this link; it has links to all program features. We are covering Physical Fitness in March.
Commitments are needed for Summer Camp at T. Brady Saunders. Please talk with your Scouts about this camp. We need to get our reservation in soon for the best campsites.
Summer Camp July 7 – 13 cost $285. Early payment qualifies for a discount.
Merit Badges, Traiblazers for new scouts, COPE and Ranger's Challenge for older scouts, Floating Iceburg, water activities and new water chute.
Do you want to be more involved with the Troop but don’t want to go camping? Please consider joining the committee. The Troop Committee meets on the first Tuesday of each month at 7:30 PM. Duties include budget, advancement, fund raising and leadership review.
If you have any current merit badge books that you are willing to part with– Please donate them to our troop library.
Advice from the Scoutmaster – Look ahead not behind