Post date: Sep 2, 2010 12:19:09 AM
No Scouts on the first day of school (9/7/2010)
There will be a PLC Thursday September 9th.
On September 14th we will have our annual Fall Court of Honor. Dinner will be at 6:30 followed by our Court of Honor ceremony. This is our biggest court of honor of the year. Scout Mom's and Dad's who would like to help with the dinner, please reply to this message, and we'll make sure Mrs. Showalter gets in touch with you. Volunteers to come and set up are most welcome. Patrol Assignments: IPONA Patrol: Side dishes - (veggies etc.) Border Patrol: Desserts. Dress Code for scouts - Full Class A's
There is a Fishing/Camping Trip planned for September 17-19. We want a lot of scouts to attend!
Fall stew September 24-25. We'll need help with:
- Moving the Pots Thursday night September 23rd. Usually this takes about 6-8 strong men a couple of hours, about 7-9:00 that night.
- Chicken Picking Friday at 6:00 All hands needed!
- Adults and Scouts to stay overnight. We really need at least three shifts (5-6 scouts) to do this. We're more than happy to have (and encourage) adults to volunteer to stir with the boys. Please let us know if you can stay, and if you will stir!
- Packing the Stew - Saturday morning - We start packing around 6-6:30 and we're usually done by 8:00.
- Clean up and returning the pots - Again, strong men for cleaning the pots.
Many Hands Make Light Work! Plan to come help and bring a friend if you can!
Bring in your orders to Mrs. Coffee at our Court of Honor.
There is a Fishing/Camping Trip planned for September 17-19. Get this on your calendar!
Troop Elections are September 28th. Be thinking about Leadership!
On Sunday at 9/19 there will be a SEABASE meeting for all scouts and leaders (and parents of scouts) who plan to attend. A commitment check of $400 is expected from all participants (scouts and leaders). We have space for a few more!
The troop want's to express a special thanks and give a Troop 555 Salute to Mr. Catlett for taking care of some badly needed repairs on the troop trailer tires. Thanks!
Advice from the Scoutmaster: You Don't Always Get a Second Chance to Give Your Best Effort!
- 9/7 No Scouts - First Day of School
- 9/9 - PLC
- 9/10-12 OA Service Weekend (and ordeal for new members)
- 9/14 Court of Honor - 6:30 Dinner
- 9/17-19 - Camping/Fishing trip
- 9/19 - Seabase meeting
- 9/24-25 - Fall Stew
- 9/28 - Troop Elections
- 7/20-7/26 2011 SEABASE!
Please remember that Troop meetings start promptly at 7:30. Leaders are there from about 7:15 and Scouts can gather and take advantage of this time to talk to the leaders. If you are leaving the meeting early, please make sure the scoutmaster or an assistant scoutmaster know you are leaving so we won’t go looking for you.