Post date: Aug 27, 2009 10:47:19 PM
Our annual kick-back camping weekend has finally arrived. We will meet at the Carson Building on Friday, August 28th at 5:30 pm to depart for Lake Gaston. As soon as we are all there and loaded up, we will be hitting the road. A reminder to guests and to new and current scouts in the Troop that we will all travel to and from Lake Gaston in class A uniforms.
· There will be canoes and a kayak for water activities, but as a mandatory rule ALL SCOUTS MUST HAVE APPROPRIATE FOOTWEAR TO PARTICIPATE. This means sneakers or other closed-toed shoes are required. Sandals or Crocs are not acceptable.
· Since it is a kick-back weekend, don't forget to bring along a camp chair for relaxing and star gazing on Saturday night. Fishing will be available so don't forget your poles.
· The challange has been made for the best patrol cooking for the weekend so be prepared to dazzle the taste buds of the leaders with some really great meals.
· The fee for the weekend is $15.00. Please bring that along with the attached completed Permission Slip.
· Let's make this a great end of summer event.
Stew is fast approaching (Oct. 2&3). Please make sure you have the dates on the calendar! We need all the scouts to sell, and just as importantly – we need all the scouts to participate!
Next Tuesday (9/1) the committee will be meeting – please let the scoutmaster know if you are going up for advancement.
There are still Jamboree Openings Left! The Council has committed to sending 9 Troops of 36 youth each to the Jamboree. Check outhttp://www.bsajamboree.org/
Advice from the Scoutmaster: “Look to the skys!”